Thursday 1 May 2014

How Does Your Product Fit Into Curent Trends?

How my product will fit into current trends is by picking out little details from other movies and games, as you can see, it is mainly focused around a post apocalyptic setting but with a little fantasy touch, for example, the snowman, as it was a short animation about a young boy and his snowman who go on a journey during Christmas. However, the rest are quite dark, from the top, is 'Deadlight', a side scrolling game about a man who escapes a zombie outbreak and must reach his friends on the other side of the city, I picked this out as I want my animation to be retro scoped and animated from a side scrolling view. 
 Another, is Joel from the hit game 'The Last Of Us', I am basing my lead character 'The Traveler' on him, as he is courageous and an expert survivalist, even though the Traveler will silhouetted, I want to show the fact he looks rugged and a little rough around the edges, by giving him some low grunts when jumping over objects. 
To add, the film 'The Road' I have chosen to base my animation a little, as it is about a father and son traveling through apocalyptic america, being hunted down by cannibals, I chose  this because it's a film focused on the father and son relationship and how they work together to get out of tricky situations, including character development, in which I'm aiming for my animation between the snowman and the traveler.      

No comments:

Post a Comment